Thursday, July 26, 2007

[Jim's Eclectic World] New comment on Sounding off: Blue Angels blast through the Tetons....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Sounding off: Blue Angels blast through the Tetons...":

I used to have a poster of The Blue Angels in flight, hanging above my bed.

No more. No more...

And yet, I have nothing against the planes themselves. Humans will turn everything into monstrosities, won't they? I miss the relationship I had with the planes as one dimensional images on my ceiling--as benign as the pinata in my living room--stripped of their noise and fumes and diabolically manipulated purposes.

They don't belong Yellowstone, that's for damn sure, or anywhere else where they can actually do damage (which is anywhere, really).

The military causes as much disruption and destruction in times of "peace" as they do in times of war.

It's not about the illusory dichotomy of war and peace, is it? It's about an entire reframing of our relationship with the world.

And learning to hear the breath and heartbeat of the Earth rather than merely our own claustrophic mutterings...



Posted by Anonymous to Jim's Eclectic World at 7/26/07 9:09 PM