Saturday, August 25, 2007

[Jim's Eclectic World] New comment on Re-mythologizing Yellowstone: Part 2 - Yellowstone....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Re-mythologizing Yellowstone: Part 2 - Yellowstone...":

I think perhaps I find the Jellystone myth the most troubling of them all...the real lives of other beings reduced to a fun park, the silly bumbling talking animals, and us as Grand Master of everything. Making a spectacle of one of the few dwindling places which aren't paved over with strip malls and other vessels for human arrogance and consumption. Reducing magic to a spectacle with admission fees.

These myths are all self-serving, and yet are they really serving us? I often think that the toll these myths take on our humanity is as great as the toll taken on the world around us. By "humanity", I simply mean us as beings in a community of beings, who have lost our perspective or our sense of how to act or interact, independent of all this dominance baggage.

I'll be fascinated to see some of the new myths you envision. They'll be a breath of sulfuric air, I've got a feeling...



Posted by Anonymous to Jim's Eclectic World at 8/25/07 3:37 PM