Saturday, August 29, 2009

[Jim's Eclectic World] New comment on Part 3: John Locke, Yellowstone, and the Dogma of ....

gothie (http://gothie.wordpress.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Part 3: John Locke, Yellowstone, and the Dogma of ...":

Jim -

You present a lovely argument and I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent reading and digesting it.

I'd say Locke makes a few pretty huge assumptions about reality but the largest by far is that any human, animal, plant, or ecosystem has any rights at all. I assert there are no rights save those one or others acting on your behalf can through force or threat of force require relevant parties to recognize.

As a result humans were not born with rights, did not band together/give up rights to the state to better protect existing rights. The formed groups to create rights, economies, and laws.

I've posted a longer piece on my blog on this topic. Also I recommend that, if you haven't, you give a book called "On Private Property" a read.

Respectfully,



Posted by gothie to Jim's Eclectic World at 8/29/09 10:14 AM