Saturday, April 19, 2008

[Jim's Eclectic World] New comment on Report back on action now on Bozeman Activist Web ....

Uncle Mike has left a new comment on your post "Report back on action now on Bozeman Activist Web ...":

My, aren't we feeling feisty? I saw that little you exchange you had with that feller where your last article is posted. You're on a little bit of a tear, aren't you? I was going to put my two cents in, but figured it probably wasn't worth the bother. Besides, you already know how I feel.

Anyway . . .

How is it that you think I'm insulting you? I've really grown to like you, Jimbo. Especially after the way you went after that coward who wouldn't even put his name on his comment. Can't civilized people, such as ourselves, share a difference of opinion without it being considered insulting? I mean, I certainly take no offense from anything you say about me, or my comments. And if you want to pass them around amongst your buddies and have a giggle or two, well, that's just mighty fine by me. I'd be a hypocrite if I let it bother me, now wouldn't I? And when I am able to make it to one your get-togethers, I hope you save me a seat right up front so I don't miss anything.

As far as you waiting for answers to your arguments, well, I kinda forgot about that and had to read through this little blog o' yours to figure out what you're talking about. Now I remember, but I also remember that you never did answer my question about how you feel about them Indians leaving carcasses all over the place down there in Gardiner. The way I see it, that's even more irresponsible and disrespectful to those shaggy beasts than anything the governments done. But I suppose that's too touchy of an issue for you to address. The government and the other buffalo hunters are okay to speak out about, but let's ignore what the Indian tribes do, right?

You did call BS on me on one thing early on, I didn't read through your whole blog, just skimmed it, so I don't know your opinion of American Indians. But here's a condensed version of mine: Indians are people, same as you and me, and everyone else around the globe. I know that they've got a culture that they're trying to hold on to, and while I respect that, I do not hold them in any higher, or lesser, regard than I do anyone else. They're people, and people do stupid and irresponsible things, and people who stupid and irresponsible things should be held accountable for their actions. Furthermore, I believe it is your duty as activist, blogger, or whatever the hell you consider yourself to be, to address this issue. And I don't mean to me personally. What I mean is if you want to address injustice related to your cause, shouldn't you address all aspects of it instead of glossing over the parts you, or your compatriots, might feel to be ultra-sensitive? Wouldn't that be the responsible thing to do?

Now, if you feel that any part of that is insulting, then you need to step back, take a deep breath, go on down to Kenyon-Noble, get some lumber, build a bridge . . . and get over it.

By the way, I'm well aware of the fact that your precious bison didn't gain anything from that deal. That was just my snarky way of saying it.

Snarky. Where do my grandkids come up with these words?



Posted by Uncle Mike to Jim's Eclectic World at 4/19/08 3:20 PM
__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com