Saturday, May 31, 2008

[Jim's Eclectic World] New comment on A delightful trip into the park.

Mike McCord has left a new comment on your post "A delightful trip into the park":

Wasn't quite sure where to post this comment, Jimmy, but this seemed like the appropriate place. But, put it where you want it.

You see, I too had a delightful trip into the park this weekend, and I learned something that might be of interest to you . . . although you probably already know this. Not that I had a delightful trip into the park, but that there seems to be another threat, or threats, to your precious bison. Those threats being wolves and grizzlies.

I spoke to a ranger down there last weekend and he said that the herds are might bit dispersed this year and that wolves, and grizzlies especially, are taking advantage of the situation and are running in there and taking quite a few of them young 'uns this years.

He also said that they were hoping the herds would find each other and use their numbers to fend of some of them other critters, but that it didn't look good.

I'm mighty partial to them big bears and stopped to ask him where they might be congregating, and that's how I found out about the buffler situation. Thought it might interest you.

So. What do you do now? Propose that the grizzlies and wolves be killed off to protect the buffalo?

I don't know, Jimbo. I was there, and there still seem to be a lot of 'em. A lot young 'uns too. I just don't see the situation as being as dire as you do.

But, I'm just an old man. What do I know?



Posted by Mike McCord to Jim's Eclectic World at 5/31/08 4:05 AM
__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com